Friday, 29 September 2017

5 ways to make most of fall



Fall is here! It is here! And fall means so many wonderful things! I am honestly so ready for chunky sweaters and cold weather! This is going to probably the first year in many that I will enjoy some chili weather being away from Corfu and I plan to celebrate it! Here is how.

Fall recipes

There is nothing screaming fall more than a pumpkin spice latte or a pumpkin porridge with pecans. I will be doing a special post with all of my favorite recipes I have discovered and tried this fall but for all of you living in Greece, or other places that are not familiar with these American recipes, you will be trying a lot of different food. One of the things I have done and loved is homemade pumpkin puree just because I haven't found one that is easily accessible here and I'm using it in so many recipes. 

I love fall recipes not only because they focus on seasonal ingredients but also because they set the mood for a different season. They also lead you into trying something completely different which is always a good thing in my book. I hope to do a more detailed post showing you my top 4 favorite fall recipes. Spoiler: Lots of pumpkins involved! I have been getting inspired from Pinterest and Yummly, my two favorite places to find amazing recipes!


Books 

I always love reading, but there is something so relaxing in the combination of cold weather, tea, and a good book to take you places. At the moment I'm reading a more informative book, you'd say since I like switching between a subject and literature every other book. So right now I'm reading The Psychology Book, trying to get an overall look at psychology. On the other hand, I really love classic literature and have found this amazing app that not only gives you an incredible amount of classic reads for free but also gives them to you little by little. That made it really easy for me to pick up reading the classics after some time that I had lost my initial enthusiasm since it made them feel like series that were left at a crucial point every time. The app is called Serial Reader and I just love it! On my reading list at the moment is The Time Machine by H.G.Wells. Also if you're interested in my "to read list" let me know with a comment, cause I'd love to do a post on that. You can follow me on Goodreads as well, which is the social media for the bookworms! 

   

Scents

Another thing I love about fall is all the new scents. The initiation comes through the kitchen, you start working with apples and honey, pumpkin and a lot of spices so the kitchen ends up smelling amazing. This of course always inspires me to get my whole room smelling good. My two favorite ways to scent the house are burning scented oils and reed diffusers.  

I tend to buy the scented oils very cheap at local stores and burn about two to three drops in about 1 to 2 tablespoons of water. My favorite combinations at the moment are cinnamon and vanilla, orange and cinnamon and sandalwood and vanilla. But you can mix whatever you fancy. I definitely will experiment with more scents in the future.


BJ & decorating

Decorating your house is always a great idea to get you into the spirit of the season, but I usually leave the house decorating for Halloween (coming soon!!!). However, I love decorating my Bullet Journal and keeping it thematic within the season, especially for autumn. This page above is one of my favorite pages of September.  


Make-up and style

Of course last but definitely not least is all the new makeup looks that you get to do once the weather is not super hot out there and you feel like it's finally time to use that amazing really deep lip shade (purple to red and any combination in between that makes you happy). There is something about sunkissed skin and dark lips that is so fall and beautiful, I love it! Other than that I also like to get inspired by the shades of the leaves in my makeup and actually did an eye-makeup I quite liked. I will show it to you in a recent post!

Clothes are also something that changes lovely in fall. It's so great being able to finally layer different patterns and textures and I love playing with all that! I might not be the biggest fashion person but the transition between summer to fall is the one I enjoy the most.




4 comments:

  1. I have never had a pumpkin spice latte... shocking, I know!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither! I hope I get to have one soon, but so far I've only tried my healthy version of it! I will share it soon! By the way I love your blog!!!

      Delete
  2. Great post! Summer is nice and warm, but Fall definitely has it's perks too, love to sit inside and listen to the rain!

    www.thegfguide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing that too!!! There is something about the slight chill of the early fall and smell of the ground after rain that makes me fall in love with fall! Awesome blog by the way, your photos are superb!

      Delete

I always smile when I read your comments and appreciate every one of them! Feel free to leave a link to your blog!
Πάντα χαμογελάω όταν διαβάζω τα σχόλιά σας και τα εκτιμώ απίστευτα! Μπορείτε αν θέλετε να αφήσετε σύνδεσμο για το blog σας!